Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Democracy for the Arab World Now ("DAWN") is seeking highly motivated applicants for the position of Intern. Intern will gain hands-on experience working on substantive issues, helping to promote human rights and democracy in the Middle East and North Africa region (MENA). Intern will have a chance to hone writing and communication skills in a dynamic work environment. Intern's supervisor will provide guidance and mentorship. Intern may also be assigned administrative tasks in addition to substantive work.
Intern can work at DAWN's shared workspace in Washington, DC, or remotely from another location.
- Applicant should be a student or recent graduate of University.
- Proficiency as a writer.
- Familiarity with MENA policy issues.
- Commitment to DAWN's mission — the protection of human rights and promotion of democracy in the MENA region.
- Commitment to working with staff and partners in a positive, collaborative, diverse, and inclusive work environment is required.
- Arabic language skills welcome.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter, resume, and names of two references with their contact information to email@example.com
Please use "Intern Application" as the subject of your email.
Equal Opportunity Employer
DAWN is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
DAWN is a new human rights and democracy reporting and advocacy organization focused on promoting rights-respecting, democratically elected governments in the Arab World. DAWN was founded by Jamal Khashoggi and works to uphold his vision for freedom, human rights and democracy in the Middle East and North Africa.