Statement in Opposition to Trump Administration's "Abraham Accords" and the "Israel Relations Normalization Act"
Alongside dozens of grassroots and advocacy organizations, DAWN joins in calling on members of Congress to engage in a U.S. foreign policy toward Palestine/Israel that is rooted in human rights and to reject any attempts to further Trump administration era Abraham Accords, including opposing legislation like the Israel Relations Normalization Act of 2021 (H.R. 2748/S.1061).
The full letter can be read below.
The undersigned grassroots and advocacy organizations call on members of Congress to embrace a U.S. foreign policy toward Palestine/Israel that is rooted in human rights, justice and equality, and to resoundingly reject any attempts to further the Trump administration "Abraham Accords", including through legislation like H.R. 2748/S. 1061, the Israel Relations Normalization Act of 2021.
While masquerading as 'peace' and 'diplomacy', the Abraham Accords and this legislation are in fact an endorsement of arms sales and political favors between the U.S. and authoritarian regimes – including weapons sales to the United Arab Emirates and the recognition of Morocco's illegal annexation of Western Sahara – in exchange for the sidelining of Palestinian rights.
This dangerous approach to foreign policy in the Middle East harms the most vulnerable communities already subject to systematic human rights violations – from Yemenis, to Sahrawis, to Palestinians – and floods the region with more U.S. weapons.
Any sustainable and lasting peace must be rooted in justice. U.S. foreign policy should end its support for Israel's violations of Palestinian human rights and its separate and unequal apartheid rule of Palestinians.
- Adalah Justice Project
- American Friends Service Committee
- Americans for Justice in Palestine Action
- Arab Resource & Organizing Center (AROC)
- Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)
- Center for Constitutional Rights
- Chicago Area Peace Action
- Defense for Children International – Palestine
- Democracy for the Arab World Now (DAWN)
- Detention Watch Network
- Dream Defenders
- Freedom Forward
- ICNA Council for Social Justice
- Institute for Policy Studies, New Internationalism Project
- Jews for Racial and Economic Justice (JFREJ)
- Jewish Voice for Peace Action
- Just Foreign Policy
- MPower Action Fund
- Peace Action
- Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Progressive Democrats of America
- Project South
- ReThinking Foreign Policy
- US Campaign for Palestinian Rights (USCPR)